"It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)"
I've refined the equipment I use over many years.
There are some unique and wonderful sounding bits in there. But, for all that, it's just a means to an end.
After honing my craft for more than 20 years, I can (and do) get great results with only my laptop, a great pair of headphones and headphone amp.
The equipment below just makes it quicker and easier!
- Purpose-built from the ground up.
- I've worked in this room for 10 years (thousands of hours) and know how masters will translate outside the studio like the the back-of-my-hand.
- Acoustic, wiring and rack design by Kevin van Green of Green & Green Audio.
- Unity Audio Boulders
- Focal Sub 6be
- Avantone Mixcubes
- HEDD Heddphone
- Chord Electronics Hugo TT2 Headphone Amp and DAC
- Burl Audio Mothership ADC/DAC
- Studer / Esoteric Audio Research C37 valve 1/2 inch tape machine
- Pro Tools Ultimate HDX on 2020 MacBook Pro
- Sonoris DDP Creator Pro
- Decca Valve Console
- Decca Valve EQs
- Decca 1967 Mastering EQ
- Esoteric Audio Research 660 Valve Mastering Limiters (pair)
- Esoteric Audio Research 825Q Stereo Valve Mastering EQ
- Solid State Logic E/G Series EQ
- Solid State Logic Stereo G Compressor
Software & Plugins
- Izotope RX Advanced
- Izotope Ozone Advanced
- Massenburg Design works
- Newfangled Audio
- Leapwing Audio
Photos © 2020 Mike Banks (Recordproduction.com); © 2020 Rob Blackham (Blackham Images); © 2020 Petra Beedie.